PSEG Long Island closely tracks winter storm systems that are projected to pass through Long Island. From arranging for additional staffing to ensuring all vehicles and equipment are ready to operate in line with the predicted weather, PSEG Long Island stands ready to respond to any damage the snow and high winds may cause.
While generators may be useful during an extended outage, especially when it is cold, PSEG Long Island reminds customers to never use a portable electric generator inside of or in very near proximity of a home, business or any enclosed space. Gas generators should be used with caution, following all safety and operational guidelines in order to prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, electric shock and fire.
Be prepared and stay safe during extreme weather:
· To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
· Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
· Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
· Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
· Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency. Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more.