Board of Zoning Appeals meet the first Monday of the month at 8:00 p.m.
1. All questions must be answered and blank spaces filled in – use form provided.
2. The owner/applicant must sign the application in the spaces provided.
3. A survey of the property indicating all structures must be included with the application.
4. Radius map showing all adjoining properties within 300’ of the subject property. Include on it or have attached a list of names, addresses, lot and block of all listed above.
5. 10 copies of preliminary drawings of the proposed construction must be included with the application.
6. Non-refundable fees are payable upon filing: $250 for one and two family, $400 plus $100 per unit for multiple residences, $600 for first 5,000 square feet of floor area plus $4 per 100 sq. feet thereafter for business and commercial.
Extension of Variance: $50 one and two family, $100 for all others.
Rules for filing of notice of a public hearing:
The Applicant shall notify all adjoining property owners within a 300’ radius, as indicated on the Nassau County Land and tax map.
Notices shall be sent not more than 15 days prior to the date of the public hearing. Said notices shall be sent by certified mail, with return receipt requested, from a Post Office located within Nassau County.
The Applicant shall file with the Secretary to the Board; proof that said notice has been sent to the adjoining properties within a 300’ radius, no later than 15 days prior to the public hearing. Said proof shall consist of: a sample copy of the notice sent and all post office receipts.
1. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. Hearing dates depend on case load and are not guaranteed.